I can't believe summer is almost over already! How did that even happen. Things have been a little on the crazy side for me, but mostly in a good way. Hope your summer has been pleasant!Messenger
turned 10 years old this week! I can't believe I've been drawing this comic for that long.
In other news, our Patreon
has been an incredible success so far! We've smashed through the first two milestone goals and are just a tiny bit away from the third. By pledging at least $1/month to our campaign, you'll gain access to early page previews and other patrons-only supporter material, as well as other bonus perks. Check it out here!
You'll also receive August's patron-only wallpaper when you make a pledge!For people who are already patrons:
I'll be sending out a request for info for anyone who's pledged at a tier with art rewards at the very end of August or very beginning of September, depending on when Patreon processes the charges. Thanks for your patience and support, and keep an eye on your email!
Lastly, I was tagged to do one of these Q&A things by AccessTheGamer
1. You must post the rules.
2. Each person must post 5 things about themselves in their journal.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create five new questions for the people you tag to answer
4. You have to choose 10 people to tag and post their icons on your journal.
5. Go to their page and tell them you have tagged them.
6. No tag backs7. No stuff in the tagging section about "you're tagged if you're reading this" You legitimately have to tag 10 people.5 things about myself1. My favorite video game is Pokemon2. I prefer to travel by car rather than fly3. I love to cook4. I've run in three international marathons (but I'm still a slowpoke)5. I've been making comics for over ten years Questions given to me!1. What culture, if any, inspired you to write, draw, animate, ect.?
I can't really say that I was inspired by a particular culture. I was always interested in telling stories, so making art and writing have always just made sense to me. 2. Looking back on some of your earliest content, is there anything you'd wish to change, or do over?
Not really. Everyone has to start somewhere, and experience is the best teacher. I've learned something from every creative project I've done. If anything, I wish I had as much time or was as well-organized as I used to be!3. Favorite "fictional" race?
It's not exactly a "race," but I really like the concept of Pokemon -- just these animals/monsters/etc. that exist, sometimes as partners for humans, usually going on adventures. 4. Have any childhood heroes, whether real or "fake"?
Most of my heroes growing up were artists and animators. I remember going to see Toy Story 7 times in the theatre when it first came out, and I wrote a letter full of questions to Pixar. I still have a signed Christmas card from John Lasseter somewhere!5. What is your best life decision of your life?
Hmm, the one that gives me the most joy on a daily basis was probably getting married to my husband, Delade. He's my best friend, and we make a great team in everything we do. (Including making Follower
!)Questions for You:
1. What is your favorite song and why?
2. Do you make anything? (Silly question on DA...) If so, why do you make what you do?
3. What is your favorite fictional story?
4. What languages do you speak, if you speak more than one?
5. If you had an unlimited budget, what would you make or do?Tags
. Ha ha ha. I'm gonna break the rules and tag you if you're reading this, even though the rules say not to, because that's just how I roll and too bad. You. You have been tagged. Go forth and do a thing.